Saturday, January 5, 2008

The start of another countdown

Listening to 'Dang ni gu dan ni hui xiang qi shui', I am immediately thrown back to the good old days in JC, where I made numerous lifelong friends and left my footprint in HwaChong in this lifetime. In retrospect, I find my short-lived stay in HwaChong more like a whirlwind experience. In just two shot years, I was exposed to so many new things, which at that point in time, was quite an achievement for me. I still recall the bumpy start, when I was left floating cluelessly in an ocean of new faces. It was scary at first but slowly, as I got to meet new friends, my life became much more interesting and fun. Maybe it's fate that I was somehow drawn to the affiliations of the siblinghood, which is a separate entity from the other clique in our class. I admit that I don't really know everyone in my clique well but at least it feels comforting to know that you belong to a special group of people.

Then came another obstacle - CCA. I was pretty adventurous then because I wanted to join a sport CCA, or at least something other than choir. To non-choral people, guys in choir are usually deemed as weaklings and soft admist other negative remarks. I must say that it was tough making at decision to join back choir and Ms Lim played a very important in convincing me. As you can see frommy previous posts, I have absolutely no regrets joining choir. I like choral music, both listening/appreciating as well as singing it. The deliverance of great music attracted me to the post of SL, which I tried to raise the technical and discipline standards in my section. More importantly, I met a handful of wonderful friends in choir. These friends will forever be my friends and the fond memories they gave me will be etched firmly in my heart:)

Apart from choir, I juggled between PW, my research attachment, olympiads, s-papers, cips and school work. Like I said, a 'whirlwind experience', I was buried in tonnes of work. But thankfully, I survived.

I just did a manual count, it's less than 50 days from my departure. To me, 50 days isn't very long. It's almost equivalent to the duration from the start of my working stint till now. There are quite a number of things I wish to do before I leave. I hope to meet my friends for one last time before I go so that I can give them a hug to show them how well they'll be remembered. I want to spend a little more time with my family too. They are the ones who've been giving me so much support that I couldn't have done what I wanted without their unconditional, undying and eternal love and support for my little dream:) Thank you...And so, I will find some time off my schedule to write something for them to keep. It's likened to a bookmark, as I want to mark the start of a new chapter in my life with something significant and worth keeping. Not to forget, I will visit Mrs Chung as promised. The last time I saw her was 5 years ago. So, it's time to go back to show my gratitude to her for being one of the most encouraging and fine teachers around.

Right now, I am looking forward to all the gatherings that come, including Ms Tan's Wedding, and the upcoming birthdays of Jonny, Tong and Trina. Till the next time I blog, take care and auf wiedersehen!

No comments: