Friday, November 9, 2007

I'm starting to adopt a very bad habit:(

Today was my cousin's big day. So we started off in the afternoon with a tea ceremony followed by a buffet lunch at my uncle's bungalow. Then, it went glitzy in the evening when everyone dressed to the occasion for the gorgeous and exquisite dinner package at Shangri-la. So right now, all 3 of my great uncle's children have married, it's my brother's turn next! But to be truthful, I wasn't feeling very well due the disparity in the degree of my contact lens. I felt rather groggy and uncomfortable but I endured till the very end. The food was also nice, and the chat with my aunt and cousins made a fine touch to the experience. It's like another big family gathering where everyone reminisce about the glorious past and speculate about our future. This time round, I felt very blessed to receive many well-wishes from my relatives who were very proud and happy for me:) Bliss describes it all.

Unfortunately, the concierge receptionist at the hotel left us with a very bad impression of the corporation. His 'bo-chap' and somewhat insincere attitude put us off. I was glad that I challenged him and behaved professionally without raising my voice. Maybe that was the best they could do in customer service. I just feel sad for them. The experience, in short, was unpleasant.

Equally bad was the job-training yesterday. I was mad at the inflexibility of the company for not allowing us to change our working location. But what was maddening was the stupid explanation they gave us. "The manager specifically wants him to be located there." The point is, they haven't even seen how we perform and both of us were on level playing field. What exactly distinguishes his capabilities from mine? So this is the best solution they can provide us with? I was in a hurry to attend a legal trial at Drew & Napier so I didn't quarrel much with the person-in-charge. Maybe tomorrow I would list down all the moot points which I hope they could tackle properly and not leave us scratching our heads. If the stupidity persists, I shall let loose sarcastic remarks and throw murderous gawks at the manager. Our welfare was neglected at the expense of their dumbness and narrow-mindedness.

No comments: