Last weekend was spent at the art exhibition. The director wasn't nice at all because he was extremely inpatient and hot-tempered. The other temp staff couldn't stand him also but we still tolerated:) I received scoldings from him many times due to petty issues like walking around and chatting with the other staff. I think he's a control-freak but I can understand his feelings coz he hired us to work for him so he has the right to get us to do stuff but again, I thought it was a tad too harsh on us. But well, at the end of my term, he even praised me for being a hardworking person and fast-learner. I had no prior experience in art but my performance over the days convinced many people that I had been working in this line for years! Haha.too flattering because I know too little about those art pieces to give a better analysis. All I could do was to use my language skills to describe the art work. How superficial!
Anyway, my current job at UOB is very fulfilling. I love it very much because there are so many good things about it. Friendly people, interesting job scope, new skills acquired, perfect location, convenient, more freedom, more independence, blahblah. I just feel that time is very well-spent working at UOB. I don't feel that I'm wasting my time at all, which is good! My direct bosses, Stella & Shawn, are very nice to the temp staff. They even treated us to pastamania that day. The other temp staff are also very sociable and out-going, which made me feel welcomed and homely. Working OTs haven't been so much fun-stealing time to drink free teh tariks and snacking on the food lying around and talking on the phone while having my work done. I believe I'm fast turning into a workaholic! Argh! Alright, I have to rest early tonight coz I need to apply for visa tml morning and work in the afternoon at the roadshow! Goodnight!
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment