Tuesday, November 6, 2007

ORD:)))

Wow! This experience seems so surreal, but I'm officially a civilian again! So, early this morning, I rang up the publications to stop my subscriptions and checked my salary statement online, just to make sure they don't cheat me of my 300 bucks reward. Also, I wanted to apply for exit permit but apparently, it's a little to early to do it now. Later this month would be better:)

Yesterday, I met up with eric in camp to get the remaining signatures. We loitered around for nearly half a day until we got our cert and the sparkling pink ic in the afternoon. The feeling of meeting my 'old pal' after 22 months was just fantastic! At that point in time, I was so anxious and excited as the clerk sieved through the box of ord files to retrieve mine. I saw the pink ic nicely slotted into the cover pocket on the file and I was made to sign a few document before being handed over the sweet little card. So after that, we went back to sign out from our company book one last time and bade farewell to all those who were around. And, that was the very last encounter we'll have in that camp. Nothing could descibe my sentiments then:)

We rushed down to town after that to meet up with our bmt friends. In total, 11 person turned up - Cheng Hyork, Kheng Wee, Yuan Shao, HanQun, BingFu, DingHao, Huihan, Eugene, Benedict, Eric and I! Amidst the savoury food and perfectly warm atmosphere, we chatted among ourselves and reminisce on the past. It brought back many nice memories and any hard-feelings we had against anyone were eroded over time. I'm just glad we all grew up together, from little unscratched buds to inidividuals who have emerged more mature, experienced, courageous, healthy and fit. We are definitely less whimpy and more tolerant towards unfaourable decisions. All in all, we've been through an arduous, challenging and heuristic learning journey. So, congrats to all who made it through and all the best to everyone who have made an impact on my life in a way or another! This is my way of expressing gratitude to people who have made me tougher physically, mentally and emotionally:)

Tomorrow I'll start my job training and that would kick start another phase of my life. Gluck to myself:)

No comments: