Yet again, Grey's Anatomy has thrown me into a pensive mode. Episodes 11 & 12 were incredible. The plot was so beautifully written that the chain of events flowed seamlessly and everyone in the show seems to be entwined with at least an issue. The one that's most mind-boggling and memorable is the passing of george's dad. Right from the start when he was diagnosed with cancer till he died, everyone, especially george, acted very well. George, from my impression, was the most anxious about his dad's ailment and did everything he could to save his dad's life. Towards the end, he was distraught when his trust for bailey and webber was gone. Apparently, they followed his dad's instruction to carry on with the operation when though they discouraged him and told him of the consequences. Of course, it resulted in multi-organ and system failure, eventually leaving his dad surviving on life-supporting system. So, he was left to make to decision whether to remove his dad from the machines and see him die or continue watching over his comatose state.
I was struck deeply when meredith shared with Christina that she's nothing to talk to her dad about even when he's healthy and living but on the other side, george's trying his best to tell his dad all his misdeeds in the past so that he could forgive him. I felt on the spot that it's pretty true when someone's going to die and you just have many things to tell you. It's really understandable because the person might never get to hear those words after he's gone and it's probably the best time to repent and seek forgive for a loved one. When I thought about his, I was naturally and instinctively moved to tears. Why should we wait until someone's leaving us for long before we have so many things to divulge? Perhaps, this is the reason why I hate myself for being tongue-tied whenever I feel like expressing myself in front of my loved ones.
So, george decided to remove his dad from the life supporting machines. He claimed that since his dad he ceases to be his dad the moment he was told he could never wake up. And, it might be too painful for him to endure all the trauma.
My dad's bday is coming really soon. I'll write him something coz I'm never good in expressing myself verbally and hopefully, make him happy every single day.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment