Saturday, October 20, 2007

Time to let go...


So, last night was really the last night. I was partially glad that I'm finally released from my liabilities. I've slogged through the nights for the past few months and up till now, I still think that I deserve to take a break, a really long one. Maybe it's worth noting down the chain of events that took place yesterday. I experienced a mix of emotions but I was glad that it all ended on a pleasant note, at least that was how I felt. And the story goes...

Right after my last sleepless duty, I returned to my coy line in high spirits. However, as soon as he saw me, my csm accused me of not signing out the sbo which I did not even loan out in the first place. So, I clarified with him and he walked away without apologising. Then, when he saw us dekitting our stores, he threw his temper by dumping the sport stores from a distance, signifying anger. We ignored and moved on to clear our credits at the emart. SW and I bought so many things that we carried so many shopping bags back to our bunk. On our way back, our csm saw us again, but this time he thickskinly took SW's boots, claiming that he needs it more than us. So, we graciously gave him.

Then, came the outrageous part. I came back from a shower, preparing to take a nap before I sign my clearance form, and I received a phonecall from my ps. Apparently, SHE chided at me and told me to look for her after my guard rest coz SHE had many things to do at hand. As you can imagine, I was appalled. Totally disgusted by the seemingly unhumanistic order SHE conveyed. Yet again, I ignored. And so, I spent the entire afternoon going ard signing my clearance and doing my ord survey. I also sought permission from pc to clear my leave/off and he graciously agreed. The real battle started when the 3 of us went into the office to look for ps to inform her of our leave/off as a mark of respect. Unfortunately, SHE scolded us at first sight and demanded an explanation for whatever we did in the day. You see, we were supposed to be washing rigs and maintaining them but we were busy signing our clearance, so we weren't doing wat SHE wanted us to do. I could tell that SHE just couldn't let go. SHE even checked the training prog for the next week before making the final decision. It just shows how poorly SHE understands our plight. Of course, SHE was under tremendous amount of stress because she lamented to us about everything and was on the verge of crying, yes I swear I saw her holding back her tears. I did feel sad for her but I wanted my break so badly that I rebuked and listed down all the injustices they'd done to us. I made numerous justified comparisons and told her how we felt. We MADE her think for US instead of for HERSELF. Isn't it unfair to us when we can't clear our offs/leaves, which were rightfully earned? Isn't it unfair when EVERYONE ELSE was gone and we still had to do shit for her? Isn't it unfair that we supported them throughout the entire summex when we can actually take attnc but still get this kind of hostile and intimidating treatments? Isn't it unfair that we slogged all the way since bmt and never at any one time get rewarded for our hardwork? Let me tell you, we had enough of all these and that was when I blew up and made her LISTEN. My friends were shocked, of course. But what I did had an impact on all of them-I helped them clear their leaves/offs till our ord dates:) That was the most satisfying feeling I ever got and right now, I still feel accomplished. I don't care if they call us back next week, at least I know I did my best in fighting for our rights.

That aside, I spent today afresh by packing my room, dumping sooo many things that my room looks so much neater and brighter now. Oh shit, I just went to espirit and I'm deeply attracted to 2 pieces of clothings that don't cost cheap. How...looks like I have to scrimp and save to get my hands on them. So much for wanting to ENJOY life after ord. More like I have to work doubly hard to get the things I need for uni. Gambatte!

No comments: