I have this urge to talk about the siblinghood in this post. I guess it's because we've come a long way since the crazy jc times. The siblinghood basically consists of the brotherhood (mianyi, wc, jason, jensen, wilbur, pee and urs truly) as well as the sisterhood (hc, mich, tong, trina, mabel, yiffy and wanlin). Ever since we graduated, we've been meeting up regularly. The usual gang who turns up for outings all the time are closer by nature but we never leave the rest out. Our clique seems to be doing well compared to the lian&beng gang in 76. Haha, or mayb I thot so. So far so good, it's been a wonderful experience spending time with this special group of friends:)
Just hours ago, I met up with a few of them. We went to Clarke Quay for jap dinner and then jap dessert. The company was great and the guys ended up teasing mich again! Haha. Anyway, we talked about uni stuff and future plans. I just realised that Jason's also doing med, that would bring the number of docs in our siblinghood to 6! Then we suggested opening a Tay-Wong-Lee-Lau-Choo-Chua Medical group, with each of us specialising in diff fields like paeds, ortho, onco, opthlamo, ent, rheu, fam med and tcm just to name a few. How cool can that be! Heh. MY's currently applying to US unis and I really hope he gets a chance to study overseas. It's an opportunity hard to come by, so it's worth the money to experience it at least once in our life. I talked to mich abt the med bks I need and she was very kind to help me get cheaper bks from her sch. Then, we walked all the way to city hall despite the mild drizzle and along the way, we had fun joking with mich, making nonsensical remarks and laughing our hearts out. At city hall, mich introduced a cafe to us where we had half-priced cakes. We ordered a chesscake, tiramisu, macaroon and omg choco sponge fudge. The chessecake was not too cheesy, tiramisu was fragrant and soft, macaroon was delicious (it was my first time tasting a macaroon!) and the choco cake was the best! The warm choco sauce flowed out from the tangy cake crust, topped with a scoop of ice cream, brought the evening's food sampling session to the climax. Haha. On hindsight, I'm glad that the spirit of siblinghood lives on, especially the few of us who always make time for one another. The rest might be busy all the time, but I'm already contented with the close-knittedness of our gang. This friendship is hard to sustain so we have to cherish it and make sure we keep in touch more often. Through the past experiences, I'm certain our friendship will last forever:) Long live Siblinghood!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment