Sunday, October 7, 2007

Busy week

The past 2 weeks have been the busiest weeks in the recent months. The onslaught of numerous exercises has taken its toll on us. Since the start of the first exercise, we worked long hours and had insufficient rest time. Fortunately, we've another 3 more days to endure before the course ends. Overall, the experience of working with people from diff backgrounds and expectations was an eye-opener. I also learnt many new things which many wouldn't even get a chance to lay their hands on. However, having said so much, I don't think I would be applying the knowledge acquired to my career in the future. Apart from the hectic schedule, I managed to squeeze precious time out to jog in the camp. The long-distance endurance runs gave me the time to reflect on the day's work and catch up with friends working in other groups. The adrenaline-pumping sessions really perked my spirit up whenever I felt like giving up. Perhaps, I should adopt this hobby when I study in Australia next time.

I've also been planning my temp job recently so that I can start work immediately after ORD. It seems that finding a temp job that pays reasonably well is very hard. Currently, I'm offered an admin position in an insurance firm. Alternatively, I can work at TTSH but the pay is relatively low. I guess the salary matters because I really need the money to buy the hefty textbooks, laptop and hopefully cover other expenses.

On a side note, I received a letter from the choo clan, asking me to be an ambassador for the clan. As an ambassador, I am obliged to bring the clan tourists around and make them feel at home in Singapore. It sounds very interesting coz I get to meet my clan people who live in all parts of the world. This would allow me to establish a global network of friends. Who knows I might need their help next time. Haha.

Today, I went out with mum to find cheap stethoscopes and stuff I need to buy. I strongly recommend Mustafa if you seriously want to get cheap stuff. The stethoscope they sell is unfortunately made from an unfamiliar brand, so it's inadvisable to get such things there. Other things like clothes, food, stationery and souvenirs etc are very cheap and it's worth the trip to get such things there. After that, we went down to settle Tess' money remittance to her sis's account. It was quite an experience and the person at the counter was even shocked to find out that I actually interact with my dom helper. Finally, I went to borders to take a peek at the dvd shelves and voila, I found and bought the long-awaited Grey's Season 3 without so much as a hesitation!!! Super duper happy because I've been dying to watch since I finished season 2. I might start tomorrow but it's very addictive. Haha.

No comments: