Sunday, September 9, 2007

I love being a trainee again!

I was tasked to write a weekly reflection on my course so this shall be my platform for expressing my ruminations. First of all, it was a pleasant delight to be a trainee again! I love to learn new stuff everyday and less importantly, any blunders I commit will have no unfavourable outcomes that come in the form of extra duties. I just concluded the 1st week of the 5week-long AESC course conducted at NS camp. The course comprises of trainings on leadership, communication, organisation and the essential knowledge on the SAF. Later on in the course, we would learn to do some planning and eventually pass out as qualified CSMs. Cool right? The instructors are mainly the WOs who are there to share their experiences and we would do most of the teaching ourselves. According to the head, he's prepping us for tertiary education which emphasises on student-centred learning, whereby students are left on their own to do research and present to the class as a form of teaching. I must say this week was great because the instructors were very approachable and knowledgeable. It made learning so much more fun and the frequent patronising of mess, with daily indulgence of teh tarik and matches of billiard and darts, and the exercise regime further enhanced our experience there. I don't think I'll miss Seletar anytime soon. I'll cherish each day there like it's the last and learn as much as I can before I ORD because the things taught would be useful in the outside world. And when I'm out, I'll continue to learn as learning is lifelong and learning makes us better people. This way, when I grow old, I won't regret not doing my best when I was younger.:) haha

No comments: