I've made up my mind and it felt so surreal. The joy of having an offer by one of the best unis in Australia is indescribable. I promised myself from the moment I signed on the lines that I would do my best in med sch and grad with professionalism, humility and honour. The honour to heal, to mend broken bones, to heal wounded spirits, to provide emotional support, to conquer the toughest human feelings in life and to make those who have high hopes in me very proud. Serving the community is a part of my aim, training juniors is another and repaying my family, especially parents for the encouragement and tremendous amount of support they've given me is the last. I know that med students lead very stressful lives but I'm determined to balance my life so that I could do well in sch and maintain the social aspects of my life.
Talking about med students, I'm forced to think the number of doctors-to-be friends I have. The list goes: Michw, Ching, Yif, Trina, Alicia, Andrew, Bingcheng, Dom, Thom, Yan, Jie, Rockey, Yihchyn, Hc, Huangfang, Samuel, GG, Yisheng etc. It's really a mouthful! haha. Sometimes I wonder how it'll be like to work with these friends in the future. So much for this post, it's only a confirmation of the choice I made. I'm confident that I made the right one!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment