Sunday, September 16, 2007

MAF 2007

So, it's that time of the year again. MAF this year proves again that this annual HC event never loses its charm. I saw many old pals, people I haven't seen for such a long time. Hence, MAF has lived up to its name, it has created an opportunity for us to meet up, catch up and reminisce ahhh. Indeed, the display light-up, song session, mass-dance, hearty chats and not forgetting numerous snapping of photos brought us through every MAF, and till this date, I still find the songs catchy and mass-dancing uber fun! We unexpectedly met Sharon Au, who was having so much fun doing the WildWildWest. Look at how HC grads develop. I'm often amazed by many talents dominating a wide range of disciplines in Singapore and the global stage. Trodding on HC ground touched me, and made me feel proud. Proud that I was a HwaChongian and HwaChongians are friendly, humble and warm-hearted people. Unfortunately, this would be the last MAF I would attend, lest it remains existent after 6 years.

As the Chinese saying goes, "In our life, people come and go". In life, we tend to cling on to the physical states of things, be it human, places or objects. As I grow older, I realise that we have to live with an open mind, allowing us to adapt to new environment faster. It's true that I will miss HC, especially the canteen, basketball courts, class bench, central plaza and soccer field, but I have to be grateful for all the fond memories left behind. My footprints will never be removed from the school compound, so will the numerous friendships I forged in the transient 2 years of my life. I appreciate all the experiences I've been through as well as the lessons learnt in HC. Perhaps, I could look back at my life more often, reflect and become a better person. I really look forward to the day when I can step back into HC again, pay tribute to the memories she's given me and thank her for moulding me into who I am today.

No comments: